“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”

Martin Luther King, Jr

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Take Action Now

I have wondered what in the world I could do to help stop the violence and death in places like China, Darfur and Sudan just to name a few. Who am I ? I can’t go on a peace keeping mission. I can give a little money. But is that really enough? I went to Amnesty USA and looked through the site. I found out I can at least send my voice to Congress. Not by signing petitions, but by sending letters. You can help also. Send your message to our leaders. That is what makes America so wonderful. We can at least speak out. We can make our voices heard. Go to Amnesty USA and see what you can do. Please make your voice count.

2 comments:

Yummy Biscuits said...

I have been thinking about the question you pose in this post, and the question you made in your recent comment on my own blog. And I have come to the conclusion that the answer--the most permanent answer at least--is education. Education as to what a person's choices are, and education to make that list of choices longer.

In the meantime, we must find a way to help them survive, or else there won't be anyone left to educate: the Malthusian Theory will simply take over and the "problem" will solve itself.

Perhaps we can work together, our two blogs, with mine working on a longer-term solution, and yours working to get the immediate day-to-day needs met.

mitch said...

I would love to! I agree, education.When I looked through Amnesty, they have an article about what some of the letters have done. I am going to post about that. I want people to know that their voice can make a difference.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin